Start With Me




Sometimes we are vexed by the way those around us behave or how they live their lives. Even some leaders are constantly frustrated at the state of their subordinates, even Jesus faced worse when relating with his disciples, as you can imagine🤣. 

Noteworthily, while praying his last prayer for his disciples on Earth, Jesus revealed a principle that was vital to the disciples' transformation from mere men to mighty apostles 💪. 
While at the Garden of Gethsemane, in John 17:19, Jesus prayed, "for their sakes, I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth." In v20, Jesus then prayed, 'for the sake of those that will be sanctified through them, sanctify them'.

What was happening here? In the above verses, Jesus revealed that one cannot give something that one doesn't have. One cannot influence or impact people without first being an embodiment of that influence or impact. He wanted his disciples (those in his sphere of influence) sanctified, so Jesus didn't just pray for that to happen, Jesus gave himself to sanctification. He also wanted the world to be sanctified through his disciples, so He said it's necessary that they first be sanctified. 

Indeed, impact is contagious.

For every fragrance you want to see people emit, that precious ointment, like in Aaron, must start flowing from your head. Even if it seems like there is no change, keep oozing out the influence you desire. At some point, the people will absorb more than they can contain. Then, just like Jesus, you will see the people that once had no faith, telling the lame man to take up his bed and walk. 

Personal experience: In my hostel, there's a particular guy on my block that never replies when I greet him, whenever our paths meet. He always frowns and walks past me. At one point, I was pissed, and I stopped saying 'Hi'. However, thanks to God, I continued being pleasant to him and at some point, he started replying and exchanging greetings. Sometimes he would be the first to say hi.  And I'm like, " Wow, so this guy can show love like this"😅. If I didn't show love first, he would continue to be cold towards me.

We need to continually be the emblem of what we want to see around us.

Prayer: We obtain grace to be relentless in building our capacity and shining out light to men.

Please, if you have any questions, contributions, or Bible verses related to this post, I will love to hear from you in the comment section.
  
   I really appreciate your feedback (comments, contributions, etc.) on this post and the blog. I would love to have you next time on the Tri-partite Blog.
                                                                                Cheers to knowing God more🍻.

Comments

  1. You're such a blessing you know, this post blessed me. Thank you, and please never stop writing, cause you're an impact to your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this. By God's grace, I won't stop🙏.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this piece, more grace.🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to your experience 😅, and will actively try to apply this in aspects my life.
    I pray for the grace we need for us to be the impact we desire. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okoro Chidinma4 March 2023 at 13:15

    This is beautiful and germane 👌👌. The following words got me

    "One cannot influence or impact people without first being an embodiment of that influence or impact."

    "Even if it seems like there is no change, keep oozing out the influence you desire."

    "We need to continually be the emblem of what we want to see around us."

    These words spoke to me directly... Been frustrated with certain people I work with and who by reason of work space are under my administration. It's always been like don't these people ever learn... But now I know to keep doing the right thing and and with time these individuals will come around and will be better for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Thanks for taking time to write this.

      Exactly, things will certainly turn around📌.

      Delete
  5. This post is everything. The way Christ will have us live here on earth. Thanks so much for this.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  6. 📌. Amen. God bless you too. Thanks 🤝.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRUE FAITH

The John 13 Series (I): Love & Trust

BECOMING THE ONE