Finding What We Really Seek


Nobody likes work. The real reason we work and take steps to make ends meet is that we want to find rest - meet our needs easily and have inward peace. Often, men seek this rest the wrong way. In Matthew 11:28, Jesus said He will give us this rest but in the following verse (v29); He said we will find it. Is there a contradiction? How can we find rest?

Matthew 11:28& 29 says, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavily laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." What Jesus meant was that in surrendering our endeavors to him, taking his yoke (which is what He really wants us to do in life), feeding on His word through the process, and having a gentle and humble attitude
throughout the way, we will reach a certain point where we will have rest - (all the things we seek for). So, the question is what is Christ's yoke for you? If you have the yoke already, are you still open to learn and do you still have the right attitude? This verse is a more detailed similitude to the popular verse that says, seek first the kingdom of God, then all other things shall follow.

In Exodus 33:14-16, God told Moses my presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. He didn't say when. Thus, emphasizing that at some point in Walking with God, doing the work that He wants you to do, you will find what you have been seeking all this while. You will find rest.  Gloryyy💃🏻💃🏻. 


Prayer: Lord, as I lay down my burdens and take your yoke, doing all I should, help me to find rest🙏🙇‍♂️.

I really appreciate your feedback (comments, contributions, etc.) on this post and the blog. I would love to have you next week on the Tri-partite. Thank you for reading ☺. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRUE FAITH

The John 13 Series (I): Love & Trust

BECOMING THE ONE