What You Didn't Know About the Month of August🤔


D
aniel 9:2 says 'I, Daniel understood by the books the number of years the word of God came to Jeremiah the Prophet.' The above verse underscores that by the study of the word Daniel understood the season the word of God was supposed to come to pass. I have realised that by the study of the word, one can discover peculiar seasons attributed to certain months. However, it doesn't stop there. The Bible says in Daniel chapter 9 that after Daniel understood by the books he sought out the Lord - v3 ' KJV:And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes. 

In the same vein, I discovered that after discovering seasons or realities peculiar to a month or situation, if one prays consistently to position him or herself for that season.

Biblically, the number 8 signifies a new beginning. The covenant of circumcision (a form of dedication signifying that one is now God's own) is usually done on the eighth day. No wonder some churches organise their annual convention on the 8th month because 8 signifies a new beginning.

However, in the 8th month - August, certain things happened that we should all know.

Also, In 1King 12&13, King Jeroboam wanted to deceive God's children into worshipping false gods. However, God openly exposed King Jeroboam's deceitful deeds through a young prophet. Also, King Jeroboam attempted to attack God's sent but the King was paralysed. 

Sadly, the young prophet in the preceding paragraph above was deceived by an old prophet and the young prophet couldn't discern; hence he disobeyed God and ended woefully.

Moreso, in Zechariah 1:1 God reiterated that his people should walk in his ways in the 8th month.

From the Biblical occurrences above, here are some prayers, my eyes got opened to that will be greatly beneficial.

Lord:

  • Everything that requires a new beginning in my life, please begin anew with me.
  • Expose every form of deceit around me. (1Kings 13)
  • Give me the strength to discern and avoid every trap set before me. (1 Kings 13)
  • Handicap the devices of foes against me (1 Kings 13)
  • I obtain grace to walk in your will(Zechariah 1:1)

In Jesus's name, we pray.

As you pray these prayers consistently this month. I am certain testimonies will spring forth. Plus: you could add other prayer points your eyes got open to in these verses stated herein.  Have a blessed month ahead.

I really appreciate your feedback (comments, contributions, etc.) on this post and the blog. I will love to have you next week on Tri-partite. Thank you for reading ☺. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRUE FAITH

The John 13 Series (I): Love & Trust

BECOMING THE ONE